Creating retail experiences that keep customers coming back
Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.
- Steve Jobs-
Customer retention refers to a business’s ability to attract and retain customers. In retail, customer retention helps us to understand how positive the customer experience was in relation to meeting a customers’ expectations. Loyal customers turn into brand advocates, with word-of-mouth being the most influential factor in a purchase decision.
The level of disruption in the retail industry has never been greater. Customers have so much influence on what others will buy or use which makes customer retention and loyalty more important than ever.
Here are some tips for creating customer retail experiences that keep customers coming back:
- Automate for ease; but never forget or underestimate the power of the human engagement.
- Creativity – continuously wow customers with something new and exciting.
- Create a community – engage | connect | share ideas.
- Product building – customers love to personalise their purchases.
- Bundle products and services – offer a related product / service that adds additional value to your customer.
- Create social media opportunities – customers love sharing their experiences.
- Retail-tainment – how can you integrate customer entertainment into retail experiences.
- Customer Loyalty Programmes – we all love getting a little something back.
Let's unpack over coffee to start crafting your strategy?
Watch this 30min on-demand recording to hear some practical tips from Cassandra for young leaders in the world today.
Adapting learning strategies to the vicissitudes of societal change is not an easy task. It involves constant attention to developments in technology as well as…
The skills needed to cope with and thrive in our jobs is changing at a rapid pace. Our business models are needing to be digitized, driven by technological innovation